Atlanta United is seeking a positive, upbeat, driven, motivated, and creative candidate who is eager to elevate their career in the sports industry with world-class marketing leaders.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 23, 2022
We look for people who can grow, think, dream, and create. Its culture thrives by embracing diversity and rewarding imagination. Ultimately, we are seeking achievers, leaders, and visionaries. At Atlanta United, it’s about each person bringing skills and passion to a challenging and constantly evolving environment.
The Digital Media Coordinator will report directly into the Digital and Social Media Manager to support the creation of digital content that tells the story of Atlanta United’s engaging and galvanizing fans of today and tomorrow.
Content developed by the digital group will include, but not limited to, capturing and communicating team performance, community support, and our love of Atlanta’s culture. This person will be a key contributor in these work streams.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute social media coverage for matchdays, club news, Marketing campaigns and club content across Atlanta United’s social media platforms.
- Monitor daily social media trends, fan conversation and engagement on all Atlanta United platforms while staying up to date with platform developments and updates. Identify relevant and trending opportunities to interact with supporters and players along with soccer news and current events.
- Assist in the ideating, producing, and posting day-to-day content to Atlanta United social media platforms including creating social plans, copy writing, off season planning, content creation, posting in-match and scheduling content.
- Own, develop and consistently represent the brand voice through social and other digital channels.
- Assist in updating, creating content and writing articles for atlutd.com.
- Support the marketing team in improving fan engagement across all digital touchpoints, optimizing existing media channels, facilitating the creation of unique content, supporting the objectives of our sponsors, and growing the scale and efficiency of digital media efforts.
- Serve as a liaison and execution leader for various cross-departmental projects.
- Report on trends regarding fan feedback (both positive and negative) and provide thoughts on ways to continuously improve.
- Implement and execute eSports efforts across Atlanta United.
- Social coverage of both Atlanta United home and away matches as well as additional events, including community coverage and marketing events.
Qualifications, Skills, and Education Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent training or experience required.
- 2+ years of experience in digital media, interactive marketing, communications, or related field. Previous experience working for a brand or professional sports organization is preferred.
- Skilled in capturing, producing, and editing creative platform-specific photo and video content. Proficiency in photography, graphic design and video production is preferred.
- Ability to meet aggressive deadlines and think creatively.
- Excellent writing and proof-reading skills, including superior attention to detail.
- Knowledge of sports, esports and gaming and passion for soccer, art, culture, and music.
- Availability to work irregular hours, including occasional nights and weekends.
- Possess exceptional organizational and time management skills; self-starter; ability to project manage and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- An enthusiasm for brand passions and ability to bring the Atlanta United brand to life through an authentic and consistent voice across multiple platforms.
- A self-starter who enjoys investigating how things work and problem solving to create and publish content that millions of fans will see.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills, experience in dealing with multiple and diverse internal stakeholders, and interacting with business partners.
- Experience in developing original compelling content in high pressure environments.
- A very hands-on and "can do" attitude, with the ability to operate well under pressure and adapt quickly to a changing environment.
- Fluent in Spanish is a plus.
- Passion for and knowledge of Major League Soccer and International soccer is a plus.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Suite – Photoshop, Premiere, InDesign, After Effects
- Social Platforms – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok