As a Digital Producer, you will actively immerse yourself in building your craft by staying on track with breaking news, building content and tracking social metrics.
Louisville, Kentucky Area
Jan 11, 2023
Our producers will have hands-on experience in the newsroom, attending regular meetings while collaborating with producers across all of Spectrum Networks. You are expected to stay consistent with AP print style, composing scripts and applying SEO techniques.
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English
- Demonstrated proficiency at multi-tasking and must have the ability to prioritize, work independently and meet strict deadlines
- Interpersonal: has contact with media and public with excellent collaboration skills and the ability to work effectively within a team environment and interact with all personnel within the organization
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work rapidly and accurately
- Knowledge of current events and industry trends
- Operate Adobe CQ5 and Experience Manager content management system for publication of stories
- Knowledge of HTML and broad-based computer applications is strongly preferred
- Basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Pro-active, self-directed, enthusiastic in dealing with breaking news and high-stress situations
- Familiarity with internet publishing workflow, including experience with a content management system, image editing software, video editing tools and social media platforms
- Ability to tell engaging stories in the digital space by adding video assets, photos, social, etc.
- Ability to work under time pressure deadlines
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or related field or comparable television work experience
- Editorial experience producing news, sports and lifestyle content - 2+ years