Are you a passionate writer and editor? Do you love staying up to date with your community and their stories? Apply to be a Digital Producer at Spectrum News today.
Live Event / On Location Services
Syracuse, New York Area
Oct 19, 2023
As a Digital Producer, you will create engaging and relevant content for Spectrum News apps and websites. You will be responsible for keeping all information accurate and consistent across platforms. You will also help your team plan and create social posts. You will be part of a collaborative team that creates compelling, timely, and accurate content intended to engage and connect with our local audience.
WHAT OUR DIGITAL PRODUCERS ENJOY MOST
- Collaborating with Spectrum News teams across markets
- Producing creative push alerts, headlines, and captions
- Crafting stories that appeal to local audiences across a variety of platforms
As a part of Spectrum News, you’re creative, highly technical, and ready to bring your community’s stories to life in our newsroom. You value accuracy and want to leverage your curiosity and storytelling abilities to share inspiring news across multiple platforms. Each day is fast paced in a constantly evolving work environment with new stories to tell and perspectives to uncover. If you’re a nimble, passionate team player, you’ll find a home on our team.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING TO SPECTRUM NEWS
- Experience: Editorial experience producing news, sports, and lifestyle content - 2+ years
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field, or comparable work experience
- Technical Skills: Adobe CQ5 and Experience Manager content management system, knowledge of HTML and broad-based computer applications is strongly preferred, basic knowledge of Photoshop
- Skills: Proactive, self-directed, and enthusiastic when handling breaking news and high-stress situations
- Abilities: Attention to detail, ability to work rapidly and accurately
- Travel Ability: Must be open to travel to discover the important stories in your neighborhood and willing to interact with the community
- Schedule: Ability to work different or longer shifts due to "breaking news" and severe weather emergencies, willing and able to work weekends and holidays
Semi-noisy newsroom environment
The pay for this position has a salary range of $45,800.00 to $73,200.00.