Create original articles, videos and slideshows; gather original content from the local TV station’s newsroom and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines.
Albuquerque, New Mexico Area
Aug 31, 2023
- Create original articles, videos and slideshows; gather original content from the local TV station’s newsroom and curate a wide variety of stories from other sources, including blogs, newspapers, online publications and magazines.
- Produce the homepage carrousel when needed and oversee the quality of main pages and subsections of the website.
- Ensure the voice, tone and mix of content fits with the overall editorial strategy created by TSG Digital Unit.
- Work and maintain good relationships with the digital team, as well as producers, editors and content experts at the local TV stations.
- Actively engage the community through content.
- Take direction from local news management, as well as receive input from other areas of the company (content center, news standards) to get the most effective content online and collaborate with the content centers and other local markets to share stories and resources across all Telemundo and NBC’s city websites.
- Other duties as assigned.
- BS/BA in Journalism, Broadcast Journalism, Communications or Broadcast Communications or equivalent experience.
- Experience as an editor, senior writer or senior producer at a major news organization or blog that creates content under tight deadlines.
- Must be a skilled writer with outstanding communication skills.
- Excellent Spanish-language writing and copy-editing skills.
- Understanding of basic journalistic practices and guidelines.
- Curiosity for content with initiative to suggest stories with relevance for all markets.
- Detailed oriented.
- Most have understanding of SEO practices.
- Be able to communicate in English and Spanish.
- Must submit a resume/CV online.
- Must be willing to work long hours and on weekends with short notice
- Must be willing to work at the station in the Albuquerque, NM area
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Working knowledge of digital media technology, particularly content-management tools.
- Blogging, wire service, newspaper rewrite or 24-hour cable news background.
- Must have the desire to work in a creative, demanding and competitive environment.
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal designated worksite