DC Comics seeks a Digital Production Artist for the Manufacturing and Operations department.
Greater Los Angeles Area
- Professional knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Acrobat) to use in a fast-pace production environment with abilities to creatively problem solve and adapt and create efficiencies using a wide range of technical tools (such as Photoshop Actions) that Adobe software offers.
- Knowledge of comic book formats for digital and print. Tasks include Descreening, Trapping, Text and Art restoration.
- Maintain communication with digital partners ensuring timely file deliveries with high-quality accurate file. Assign titles as it pertains to a platform and track progress using SharePoint, basecamp, Monday.com from start to finish for frontlist content, backlist content, corrections, quality control and package content for partner distribution.
- Have knowledge of a CMS and learn proprietary authoring tools for a high-quality reading experience.
- Scan comic book pages on flatbed scanner. Clean up scans.
- Archive and organize files as directed.
- Maintain equipment as designated in accordance with position requirements.
- Attend production meetings as required and perform other related duties as assigned.
- Constantly available for team communication using MS Teams and Webex, and report to supervisors during office hours.
- Prior computer, prepress or production experience required.
- Two (2) years equivalent work experience preferred.
- Related degree from an accredited art school preferred.
- Previous print, digital art, or related experience required.
- Knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign is required
- Familiarity with comic book stages (pencils, inks, coloring, lettering) is preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of Mac based peripheral devices required.
- Experience with using Wacom equipment.
- Ability to successfully work in team environment and interact with other people required.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have good multi-tasking skills.
- Must work effectively under deadline pressures.
- Understanding of how consumers read comic books and can translate the reading experience to a digital format.
- Must have strong drawing skills (portfolio review required).
- Reading documents, attention to detail, math skills, problem solving, following directions, ask questions when anything is unclear, confidentiality.
- Knowledge of how to operate a digital copier and scanner.
But Wait, There’s More!
- Exclusive WarnerMedia events and advance screenings
- Paid time off every year to volunteer for eligible employees
- Access to well-being tools, resources, and freebies
- Access to in-house learning and development resources
- Part of the WarnerMedia family of powerhouse brands