Weigel Broadcasting and its network Digital team is seeking an entry-level Digital Writer to create engaging content and manage social media channels for our national television networks that engages fans of all ages across media verticals – entertainment, nostalgia, history, pop-culture, travel, current events, lifestyle and science fiction.
Greater Chicago Area
Feb 18, 2022
The ideal candidate will have experience coordinating articles, photos and video assets, and creating a community of fans with short, social and digestible posts. Hybrid work available.
- Create multiple daily articles, prepare media assets and curate user generated content.
- Shape the style and sensibility of social media extensions for Weigel original content.
- Create content for multiple Weigel brands.
- Transform original content to web exclusives, newsletters, and articles.
- Collaborate with media executives across marketing, programming and sales.
- Serve as an ambassador of our brands to engage talent, fan groups and organizations.
- Reach millions of fans that are visiting our digital properties.
- Build community of loyal fans across social media platforms.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Where permitted by applicable law, must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for job, if not currently employed by Weigel Broadcasting Co.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or equivalent experience.
- A demonstrated passion for pop-culture and emerging social media platforms.
- Successful editing and writing experience in digital publishing.
- Basic image editing experience preferred.
- Knowledge of social media platforms and experience managing messaging across social platforms.
- Responsiveness to our fans in improving the viewer and user experience across platforms
- Aptitude and curiosity: someone who wants to learn more, has demonstrated skill growth, and is relentlessly self-improving.
- A team player who makes others successful.