The Director, Marketing Finance will be responsible for overseeing the month end close, rolling forecasts, budget preparation, marketing campaign performance and financial analysis, cash management, data validation, and expense tracking.
This position is an exciting opportunity to join the Finance team in a fast-paced growth area for the company, working closely with the marketing team for Streaming (AMC+, Acorn, Shudder, Sundance Now, AllBlk, Hidive, and IFC Films Unlimited), ad-supported Cable TV (AMC, BBC America, IFC, Sundance, and WEtv), and free ad-supported streaming. The Director, Marketing Finance will be responsible for overseeing the month end close, rolling forecasts, budget preparation, marketing campaign performance and financial analysis, cash management, data validation, and expense tracking. Additionally, this role will work closely with our marketing team and media agency daily to help analyze and track performance and effectiveness for each campaign. This role reports directly to the VP – Marketing Finance.
- Partner with the marketing department in the creation of the budget and long-range plan
- Create reports on marketing (key metrics, trends, forecast, etc.) for executive management
- Oversee day-to-day marketing expense management and work closely with marketing to track actual and forecasted expenditures
- Work with the marketing team and media agency to ensure data quality and integration of marketing plans into BI and financial systems
- Responsible for tracking, reporting, and analyzing the performance of marketing activities and development/automation of reports
- Perform various ad-hoc analyses to support marketing decision making
- Provide coaching and support for a team of two direct reports
QUALIFICATIONS (Required & Preferred)
- BA/BS or equivalent working experience
- MBA or pursuing MBA preferred
- 7 plus years of experience in Finance or Management Consulting
- A plus if previously worked supporting a marketing organization or within the media industry
- Strong analytical skills and experience with reporting and data analysis
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time in a fast-paced environment
- Technically capable, excellent communicator, and a desire to improve processes
- Experience with data visualization tools and financial systems (e.g., Oracle, Essbase, etc.)Prior direct report management experience
The base compensation range for this position is $130,000.00 to $155,000.00 commensurate with experience.