Madison Square Garden Entertainment: The Director of Audio Systems will be responsible for the operation and maintenance of the production audio system, and would oversee all in-house mixing, mastering, and recording.
Audio / Music / Sound
Las Vegas, Nevada Area
Aug 03, 2022
This position will coordinate with MSG Studios for the implementation of new shows audio files and file uploads and facilitate audio discussions with outside productions. This may include pre-production meetings with the MSG Studios & guest productions, organizing how best to accomplish the planned events throughout the performance.
What will you do?
- Pre-Opening collaborates with MSG Studios, Ventures, and Venue Operations departments to develop standard operating procedures for all venue audio systems.
- Coordinate with production managers to Schedule and manage stagehand audio crew. Schedule and direct union and non-union labor associated with the daily operation of audio dept.
- Responsible for oversight of the install of audio delay cabinets, fills or localization layer per event specifications.
- Oversee the operation of systems pertaining to audio throughout the entire event. Oversee proper control board operation & programming.
- Implement all audio changes at the direction of the Event Director
- Manage maintenance and repair of audio equipment. Ensure the maintenance and repair of audio equipment is up to date
- Tracks costs against event, programming, and maintenance budgets.
- Accommodate artist and/or event A/V requirements
- Assist with the technical advance with Artist’s representatives. Interact with visiting production crews to ensure a successful show
- Ensure proper care, handling, and inventory of all rental audio equipment
- Ensure Special Events audio needs are scheduled and met.
- Understand and communicate with all parties the work rules for Union & Non-Union labor teams.
- Troubleshoot event day issues and be highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment.
- Oversee transition from day of event activities to the load out of all equipment for assigned events.
- Audio technicians, operators & programmers
What do you need to succeed?
- Candidates who have completed a minimum of 60 credit hours of college-level coursework (representing 2 years), or have shown similar self-development through certifications, trade school coursework, etc. are preferred. Educational requirements may differ from job to job based on the role.
- 10+ years working experience in audio design, audio tech and engineering for film, television, live events, and/or themed entrainment.
- Technical knowledge surrounding production audio specific items involving but not limited to Ravenna, Dante, AES67, digital audio consoles, Ovation – Merging Technologies playback systems.
- Ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with both financial and operational implications across departments and venues in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Experience supervising and working with Union & Non-Union Crews
- Experience creating and maintaining event budgets and preparing financial information for event settlements.
- Strong organizational skills, time management skills, and exceptional attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Possess problem solving, reasoning, motivational, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently when necessary and use sound business judgement.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in time sensitive manner.
- Adept at maintaining a positive, open, approachable, and professional relationships with a diverse group.
- Demonstrate integrity, tact, diplomacy, and a commitment to company values and principles.
- Computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule inclusive of weekends, nights, and holidays.