The Director of Communications will create and execute full media campaigns for Peacock Original series.
The ideal candidate will develop a comprehensive plan and work aggressively to secure appropriate radio, print, online, social media and broadcast opportunities, generating maximum, positive publicity for Peacock programming.
Reporting to the Vice President, Publicity, the Director will be a key member of the communications team. The candidate must have established press relationships and a portfolio of successful earned media campaign coverage and analysis. Ideal candidate will be a creative, motivated self-starter with incredible attention to detail, a team-focused attitude, and a solutions-oriented approach.
- Develop and execute strategic press campaigns as lead strategist for assigned Peacock Original scripted series.
- Maintain positive relationships with talent, producers, publicists, agents, managers, production staff, media and executives.
- Serve as lead publicist on awards campaigns for assigned series.
- Foster strong contacts with print, online and electronic media.
- Implement special promotional activities including publicity events, press conferences and screenings as a part of series campaign.
- Manage agencies supporting on assigned titles and projects
- Possess a strong understanding of and experience with social media.
- Coordinate print interviews, on-set visits, photo shoots and EPKs.
- Generate press materials for assigned series, including announcement releases, bios, loglines, talking points, story synopses, pitch letters and correspondence.
- Work closely with day to day programming executives, producers, business affairs and legal on assigned series
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in publicity handling shows and/or projects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with awards campaigns and/or projects
- Minimum of 3 years of experience at a studio
- Minimum 4 years of experience pitching, booking and covering national and local media interviews necessary
- Minimum 3 years of experience creating written press materials
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with and gaining the confidence of producers, manager, executives and talent
This position is eligible for company sponsored benefits, including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 401(k), paid leave, tuition reimbursement, and a variety of other discounts and perks. Learn more about the benefits offered by NBCUniversal by visiting the Benefits page of the Careers website. Salary range: $120,000-$150,000 (bonus eligible)