Responsible for the day-to-day management of an aggressive, pro-active media promotions program. Develops, reviews and edits all marketing and branding assets prior to release. Performs hands on creative development to grow audience, build brand and further mission.
MARKETING / ADVERTISING / PR SERVICES
Houston, Texas Area
Director, Creative Services (HPM) - (STA007870)
Organization: H0436 KUHT TV
- Responsible for the day-to-day management of an aggressive, pro-active media promotions program. Develops, reviews and edits all marketing and branding assets prior to release. Performs hands on creative development to grow audience, build brand and further mission.
- Participates in the development and implementation of strategic communications and audience building plans for Houston Public Media (HPM) stations and digital platforms.
- Directs the creative services staff, streamlines work processes and develops and maintains a collaborative working environment among various HPM areas.
- Directs assigned marketing and promotions campaigns and provides guidance to staff writers, producers, graphic designers and agencies regarding effective branding communications.
- Identifies and cultivates community contacts, with a strong focus on local partners, as part of proactive strategy to aggressively increase coverage of HPM.
- Assists with the development and monitoring of campaign budgets and produces weekly and monthly activity reports.
- Researches and employs new media tools and media monitoring services to enhance and track the effectiveness of communications.
- Stay current on marketing, branding, design and production techniques and trends while serving as brand steward across all HPM platforms
- Performs other job-related duties as required.
- Bachelors and 7 years experience.
- Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed.
- Requires a minimum of seven (7) years of directly job-related experience.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years of managerial leadership experience in a communications capacity.
Salary: 6,661.00 - 8,827.00
Required Attachments by Candidate: Resume, Cover Letter/Letter of Application
Employee Status: Regular/Benefits
The University of Houston is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action institution. Minorities, women, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. Additionally, the University prohibits discrimination in employment on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.