Pixar: The DEI organization is focused on creating, leading, and supporting our people and culture inclusion strategies. Partner with Executive team, People team and DEI team to develop and implement tightly integrated solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and practices that align with company D&I objectives.
San Francisco Bay Area
Aug 11, 2023
The DEI organization is focused on creating, leading, and supporting our people and culture inclusion strategies. In collaboration with Segment & Enterprise DEI as well as HR, this organization will provide subject matter expertise on relevant inclusion practices to business leaders and employees to develop and nurture an inclusive workplace where all employees can belong and thrive.
Reporting to the VP of DEI and accountability to the VP, People at Pixar, this role will be part of the broader HR organization with the following key responsibilities:
- Partner with Executive team, People team and DEI team to develop and implement tightly integrated solutions that drive inclusive behaviors and practices that align with company D&I objectives.
- Develop and implement an insights driven strategic plan for diversity and inclusion (people and culture) across associated client groups while working closely with the businesses, People Partners and the VP DEI to create a cohesive strategy across Pixar.
- Serve as a key strategic partner, cultural resource and thought leader to employees and coach/educate both employees and leaders on relevant DEI topics and initiatives.
- Manage local DEI team of 2 full time Pixar employees: Sr. Manager and Specialist.
- Lead local Pixar DEI team to drive strategy that is localized to the Pixar Studio.
- Consult with Talent Acquisition to diversify talent pipelines and external/industry partners to source high caliber talent that reflects our audiences.
- Drive DEI learning programs and initiatives that focus on education at all levels.
- Provide coaching, education and consultation to HR and studio leaders to develop goals and practices that positively impact diversity and inclusion outcomes.
- Oversee and support our Studio Resource Groups by providing coordinated tools, resources, guidance and thought leadership to meet D&I goals and align to Company strategy.
- Localized Crisis/Incident Management - Partner with VP, DEI, HR and Leadership along with communication partners to manage crisis/communications locally. Ensure approach balances needs of lines of business and broader company.
- Partner with Workforce Insights and VP DEI to develop and deliver consistent metrics and reporting to enable leaders to assess outcomes, understand trends and inform decisions on how to achieve goals.
- Continuously enhance DEI practices through providing insights that increase awareness of market/industry trends and sharing best practices to support an inclusive environment across the Company
- Moves thoughtfully and quickly, with regular communication and collaboration with partners and drives visible progress against objectives
- 10+ years of diversity, equity and inclusion and/or HR experience, ideally with a global company or production studio
- Master’s Degree or equivalent work experience in the areas of DEI, or HR
- Knowledge of best practices and innovative talent trends with a focus on creative and production talent.
- Proven ability to build relationships at all levels and drive change in creative and production environments.
- Leads with the business in mind; thinks and acts strategically
- Ability to tackle issues at systemic level and provide outcomes for all stakeholders
- Proven success working in a highly matrixed and global business environment.
- Cultivates curiosity AND focuses on impact
- Compelling track record of working collaboratively with the business, Senior Leaders, HR and DEI to drive outcomes and change.
- Experienced in leading the integration of multiple data sources (including primary and secondary research, internal sentiment, social media) into clear, actionable insights and compelling storytelling
- Built and motivated high-performing, cross functional and collaborative teams
- Effectively builds partnerships and influences stakeholders and decision-making at all levels of a complex organization
The hiring range for this position in California is $216,450 to $264,550 per year based on a forty-hour work week.