WPMT, the TEGNA FOX affiliate in York, PA is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced news content. The director works closely with our production assistants and news department to produce compelling and clean newscasts.
Live Event / On Location Services
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania Area
Jan 11, 2024
WPMT, the TEGNA FOX affiliate in York, PA is looking for a Broadcast Director. The person filling this role is responsible for coding and punching our locally produced news content. The director works closely with our production assistants and news department to produce compelling and clean newscasts. FOX43 produces 9 hours of live local content per day, and the director is the last line of defense of that product before it hits the air. We are seeking an individual who can handle a fast-paced and dynamic newscast. The ideal candidate will bring new, forward-thinking production ideas to the table to help us adapt to a constantly changing viewer base.
- Code and punch live newscasts and recorded shows while operating the automated production switcher.
- Oversee the overall look of our newscasts.
- Identify and correct potential problems before they hit the air.
- Assist News Producers with production elements for FOX43 News.
- Work closely with other directors to facilitate changes and updates to our automation systems.
- Operate audio board when assigned.
- Direct live elements for FOX43 News on location.
- Other broadcast production duties as assigned.
- 1 year of experience as director of live newscasts in either a professional or educational setting.
- Working knowledge of newsroom systems such as AP ENPS news creation software, control room systems, ROSS switchers, audio board, automated video playout systems, teleprompter, robotic studio cameras, and template-based graphic systems.
- Must be capable of creating high quality production elements, both creatively and technically
- Ability to lead a group of people to achieve successful newscasts.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and prioritize needs simultaneously.
- Must be able to work flexible shifts, mornings, nights and weekends.
- Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
- Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.