Responsible for leading the Asianet fiction team to develop, plan & execute top-class fiction shows & episodes that help us maintain weekly as well as annual GRP & market share targets
May 03, 2023
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Responsible for leading the Asianet fiction team to develop, plan & execute top-class fiction shows & episodes that help us maintain weekly as well as annual GRP & market share targets
- Will be the central custodian of storytelling who looks at consumer insights, viewership data, online & offline consumer feedback and other information to take decisions that drive better narratives & storylines of fiction shows
- Accountable for maintaining a robust future fiction pipeline – adapting network hits as well as commission originals deeply rooted in the cultural context of Kerala.
- Also part of the Asianet Leadership Team contributing positively to the overall growth of the business in a fast-changing business & content landscape
- Achieve short-term (weekly/monthly) as well as long-term (annual/5YP) GRP and market share targets set by the business.
- Create a seamless process of developing, sustaining & executing storylines of individual on-going fiction shows that help us meet rating/GRP targets
- Co-create a learning repository along with the strategy team basis the story highpoints deployed and the returns in terms of ratings & audience feedback to create internal benchmarks
- Proactively develop potential hits to keep an ever-ready fiction pipeline using a combination of network hits, originals and other adaptations
- Consistently collaborate across business strategy & insights, content development, OAP, marketing & commercials to ensure we meet our content & business objectives
- Being part of the Asianet Leadership Team, leverage the candidate’s experience and industry standing in contributing to the of the positive growth and future-proofing of the business
- Maintain leadership benchmarks -- 51% overall market share & 60% PT market share.
- Deliver at least 3 new hits (12+ ratings within 8 weeks of launch) in the next 12 months.
- At least one hit to be an original crafted in Kerala that can travel across markets
- Have at least 2 ready-to-launch shows in the fiction pipe-line at any given point
- Favourable feedback from sub-ordinates & peers in mentorship, inspiration & collaboration
- Master’s degree or Postgraduate with specialization in relevant areas
- Passion for telling stories that are relevant and engaging.
- A keen observer of popular culture, society, and human life
- Openness to use internal & external feedback and data to create better outcomes
- Ability to get the best out of external partners like PH consistently
- Ability to balance short-term goals with long-term objectives for the business
- Seamless collaborator & effective communication skills