The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a Director, Creative Studio Shoot Production who will be responsible for all aspects of live action promo and branded content shoot production for Scripps creative marketing studios.
Live Event / On Location Services
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Oct 27, 2023
The E.W. Scripps Company is hiring a Director, Creative Studio Shoot Production who will be responsible for all aspects of live action promo and branded content shoot production for Scripps creative marketing studios. Play a crucial role in helping shape the visual identity of our brands and shows. In this role, you will oversee the entire creative studio shoot production, including directors, locations and stage management and media delivery ensuring that content meets the highest standards of quality and creativity. You will manage a team of production professionals to execute shoots that align with brand vision and objectives.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Direction: Partner with Directors in the development of visual strategies for multimedia content, ensuring alignment with brand guidelines and objectives.
- Team Management: Manage and mentor a team of internal and external Directors, photographers, videographers, stylists, Grip, DIT and production assistants, fostering a collaborative and creative work environment.
- Project Planning: Collaborate with all stakeholders to plan and schedule shoots, including location scouting, talent casting, and equipment coordination.
- Budget Management: In partnership with the project management department develop and manage budgets for shoot production, ensuring cost-effective execution of projects.
- Quality Control: Maintain high standards of production quality, overseeing shoot-production processes to ensure the final output meets expectations.
- Resource Allocation: Develop rate cards and allocate resources efficiently, including equipment, and budget, to optimize and monetize the production process.
- Vendor Relationships: Build and maintain relationships with external vendors and suppliers to ensure access to the best resources and services.
- Risk Management: Identify potential risks and challenges in the production process and develop contingency plans to mitigate them.
- Innovation: Stay current with industry trends and emerging technologies to continuously improve the creative studio's capabilities.
- Reporting: Provide regular reports to senior management on project progress, budget utilization, and performance metrics.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
- BS/BA in related discipline or equivalent years of experience preferred
- Generally, 10+ years of experience in related field preferred
- Prior managerial experience preferred
WHAT YOU’LL BRING:
- Excellent leadership and team management skills, with the ability to inspire and motivate creative professionals
- Working knowledge of project management methods and tools
- Strong understanding of all aspects of production, from development through post-production
- Exceptional organizational, time management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Creative thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Broad knowledge of studio operations and remote production
- Ability to manage multiple projects and resources simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of cameras, lenses, lighting, sound, and associated equipment
- Budget management skills a plus