WBBM-TV CHICAGO has an immediate opening for the combined position of Director/Technical Director. This single-operating position is responsible for the editorial and technical execution of all WBBM live and recorded produced programming.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Jan 27, 2023
WBBM-TV CHICAGO has an immediate opening for the combined position of Director/Technical Director. This single-operating position is responsible for the editorial and technical execution of all WBBM live and recorded produced programming and is covered under the Collective Bargaining Agreements of the DGA and IBEW and will be a hyphenated position.
- The main responsibilities of this combined position are to provide daily on-air production direction and physical execution of WBBM-TV programming as assigned.
- In collaboration with the WBBM-TV editorial staff, the operator will prepare the broadcast through automation protocols (coding) as well as prepare the technical infrastructure (ELC testing, mic checks and camera targeting) on a daily basis.
- Once a show is prepared, the operator will assume the single operator position in the control room and be responsible for the editorial and technical execution of the program.
- This role will assume supervisory responsibilities including the supervision of other crew positions including but not limited to News TOC, teleprompting and staging.
Candidate must be willing to work a very flexible work schedule that may include early mornings, nights, weekends and holidays. This is NOT negotiable. Vacations, holidays and personal time are per the combined CBA’s as determined at the time of hire.
• 3-5 years in a top 20 market as a newscast director and/or technical director.
• Previous Control Room Automation experience is required including Sony ELC, Ross OverDrive or equivalent control room automation technology.
• Knowledge of video and audio servers, graphics systems, audio consoles and robotic cameras.
• Excellent computer skills with a high level of the INews production system required.
• Ability to work in fast paced, high pressure environment.
• Must be a self-starter with excellent organizational skills.
• Strong work ethic, positive attitude and leadership qualities with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities.
• Good conflict resolution and problem-solving skills.