Disney Entertainment includes the company’s full portfolio of entertainment media and content businesses globally, including motion picture film studios, television divisions, and streaming! Ready to play an active role in supporting multicultural outreach efforts? Join our team as our intern!
Disney Entertainment includes the company’s full portfolio of entertainment media and content businesses globally, including motion picture film studios, television divisions, and streaming!
Our team collaborates with studio cross-functional teams to design and implement culturally relevant, innovative publicity strategies to enhance and enrich outreach to our diverse audiences.
Ready to play an active role in supporting multicultural outreach efforts? Join our team as our intern! If selected for this role, you will report to the Director, Multicultural Publicity.
What You Will Do
As our intern, your role is all about supporting viewership and engagement. Where you will:
- Participate in select title, agency, team calls, and brainstorming sessions.
- Build and update databases of multicultural events, festivals, influencers, conferences and key culture conventions that we can be part of
- Identify new influencers and culture shifters across titles and building social media recaps
- Scanning for break coverage across titles and updating master reports
- Provide support at key events such as premieres, press days, and multicultural events
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Ability to balance multiple projects and workflows in a fast-paced work environment.
- Excels within collaborative team environments and demonstrates strong independent work capabilities.
- Demonstrates a genuine passion for movies and pop culture.
- Stays informed about trends to proactively inform the team about potential community engagement opportunities.
- Strong writing skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Previous internship and/or work experience in the multicultural field, preferably in a studio or an entertainment agency
Undergraduate students in their senior year (or recently graduated within the past six months) pursuing a bachelor's degree in publicity, marketing or related field.
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
Candidates for this opportunity MUST meet all of the below requirements:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Internship
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Possess unrestricted work authorization
- Have not completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or Disney College Program
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through August 2024
- Able to be fully available for the duration of the internship, 40 hours each week
- Able to provide own housing for the duration internship program in the Burbank/Glendale, CA area
- Able to provide/have reliable transportation to/from work
The pay rate for this internship in California is $21.70 per hour.