You will create detailed matte painted elements, using projections and illustrations that are to be used to create believable environments. Hybrid Remote, Toronto, Ontario
Toronto, ON, Canada
May 25, 2023
We aim to compete with the best in the business and will rely on our Matte Painters who will work closely with the Matte Painting Supervisor to understand the Art Direction of the film. You will create detailed matte painted elements, using projections and illustrations that are to be used to create believable environments. Using your understanding of perspective, lighting and colour to produce work that fits with the style of the project. You will also be collaborating with other departments such as Build and Lighting to get the best results from your work.
- 3+ years of high-end Animated feature film experience.
- A strong artistic background in painting.
- Thorough knowledge of advanced matte painting techniques including colour space, digital paint techniques and Photoshop file management
- A good understanding and application of basic perspective as a basis for a form building/correcting strategy in the creation of digital environments
- Technical proficiency in photography with an emphasis on composition, depth, lighting and colour
- Ability to combine 2D & 3D elements in Maya and projections in Nuke.
- Abilty to work with World Machine would be a benefit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional aptitude for time management in relation to bringing multiple priorities and tasks to completion within a set deadline
- Organized, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- A team leader, approachable and personable, with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude