The Lighter is responsible for all aspects of lighting and compositing of shots under the direction of a CG Supervisor.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Nov 08, 2022
“What would you say you do here?”
- Works closely with CG Supervisor and Lead Lighter to achieve the visual target for assigned shots and address all lighting notes.
- Optimizes shots for rendering.
- Works well with others and fosters a good working atmosphere.
- Troubleshoots creative and technical issues as they arise.
- Responsible for taking shots to completion.
- As needed, organizes and documents any lighting tools, scripts, or processes.
- Collaborates with other departments for timely integration of elements into assigned shots.
- Manages individual shot load based on the schedule to meet deadlines.
- May help facilitate visual development. This can include working with surfacing, setting materials or shader parameters.
- Attends dailies and lighting launches as required.
- Responsible for informing CG Supervisor of any shot issues.
- Assists with interviews, as required.
- Participates in the testing of new technologies as required.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Bachelor's Degree in Art, Film, Visual Effects, Animation, Computer Graphics or other related fields and/or equivalent experience.
- Experience with lighting and rendering.
- Knowledge of cinematic principles.
“What can I offer?”
- Experience with ray tracing and lighting software such as Nuke, Katana, and/or Houdini.
- Experience with compositing.
- Experience in feature animation.
- Proven track record of successful collaboration within a team.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Proactive and creative problem solver.