DreamWorks Animation has an exciting new opportunity for an On-Call Editor to join its team based in Glendale, CA. The On-Call Editor will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Edit suite in support of the Lead Editor.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Dec 21, 2022
“What would you say you do here?”
- Maintain creative integrity of film throughout the production and post production processes.
- Supervise and participate in scratch, production and ADR dialogue recording sessions.
- Cut and/or supervise the cutting of temp SFX and Music for the story reel.
- Primary point of contact with Technical Directors in production.
- Participate in final mix and temp mixes.
- Supervise quality standards of all work done at audio houses and other post houses.
- Spot final film with Sound Designer and Composer
- Acts as a creative liaison between Directors/Production and sound designer and mixers.
- Attend all screenings, studio and preview, and working with Directors to incorporate changes resulting from those screenings.
- Attend production meetings when required.
- Deliver an approved cut of the film in the required format to the sound and music departments on the handover date.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Must have intimate knowledge of AVID Media Composer
“What can I offer?”
- Proficiency with Photoshop is a plus
- Familiarity with FLIX is useful
- Animation editing experience is preferred
- Familiarity with Pro Tools for scratch recording is preferred
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating systems is preferred
- This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.