“What would you say you do here?”
- Analyzes the script and crafts storyboards based on interpretation of the pages or prompts.
- Collaborates with the Director(s), Producer, and Head of Story to realize storyboards that reflect the tone of the film.
- Develop characters through the storyboard process.
- Incorporate notes and feedback as needed for sequences.
- Pitches boards to show leadership and editorial as requested.
- Works quickly to iterate new ideas or refine boards.
- Demonstrates strong and efficient drawing abilities that convey acting, staging and action.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- Knowledge of acting, anatomy, perspective, staging and composition.
- Ability to come up with inventive ideas to plus story material.
- Strong sense of entertainment and humor.
- Understanding of editorial.
- Ability to present the storyboard in an effective manner.
- Knowledge or willingness to learn applicable software for creation and asset management.
- Strong time management skills.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered (note job #: )
- Willingness to travel and work overtime, and on weekends with short notice (if applicable)
- Have a valid driver’s license (if applicable)
- Be “on call” 24 hours a day / 7 days a week (if applicable)
- Be fluent in Spanish (speak, read & write) (if applicable)
- Be able to provide a reel/portfolio of work examples -- if available, include a web address when you submit your resume (if applicable)
"What can I offer?”
- Solid understanding of Photoshop or similar software
- BA in Art, Animation or equivalent work experience preferred
- 3+ years professional experience preferred
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $83,428 - $135,000