Madison Square Garden Sphere: We are currently seeking a multi-functional Drone Pilot to oversee the ground and flight operations of an unmanned aircraft system.
We are currently seeking a multi-functional Drone Pilot to oversee the ground and flight operations of an unmanned aircraft system. As part of ground operations, you will perform safety checks and troubleshoot mechanical equipment issues. Responsibilities involve making the right decisions at the right time during each flight, which includes considering the weather, route, all technical requirements of the UAS, and objective. To apply for this position, you must complete a training program and have your Remote Pilot Certificate (UAS Part 107 license). In addition, this position requires Photography experience to capture a general scope work including Exosphere, Corporate events, Interiors etc.
What will you do?
• Oversee ground and flight operations.
• Remote pilot a drone, following a specific flight plan or obtaining useful footage.
• File for Certificate of Waivers and or LAANC authorizations with FAA as needed.
• Perform pre-flight, in-flight, and post-flight safety checks.
• Troubleshoot equipment issues.
• Ensure compliance with all FAA regulations.
• Bring content to life in new and exciting ways through drone capture and photography.
• Develop lines of communication and relationships with various MSG departments to ensure efficient execution of projects at the highest quality.
• Create content while ensuring consistency by following company brand, quality, and legal standards.
• Interact collaboratively and take direction in a 1 on 1 environment, as well as work independently.
• Ingest, transcode, log, tag and share media with various departments with very quick turnaround times.
• Organize a library of photo and video content with clear file structures.
What do you need to succeed?
• High school diploma or GED certificate
• Remote Pilot Certificate from the FAA (UAS Part 107 license)
• Comfortable operating a UAS in various weather and light conditions.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience Pilot in Command of UAS.
• Basic Drone Gimble Skills to allow flying solo.
• Demo reel must be provided
• Demonstrated hands on experience shooting with current Drone models (Aerial, Immersive and Cinematic)
• Demonstrated hands on experience shooting with current and current DSLR’s (Cannon, Sony, Black Magic)
• Candidate must have a flexible schedule and be able to work nights, weekends, holidays and off-hour shifts when needed.
• Candidate should be nimble, detail oriented, calm under pressure, be able to multi-task, wear many hats.
• Excellent strategic thinking and communication skills
• Post-production and video experience a plus.
Pay Range: $75,000.00 – 110,000.00