Hogarth Worldwide: The position requires a high level of expertise in video editing and post-production, creating videos worthy of the Hogarth brand.
Nov 15, 2022
The position requires a high level of expertise in video editing and post-production, creating videos worthy of the Hogarth brand. More specifically it includes the following:
- Required to work independently but also in a team context.
- Setting up and operating computer editing systems.
- Acute awareness of deadlines, content requirements and graphic guidelines.
- Studying and interpreting scripts to become familiar with production concepts and requirements.
- Footage conversion and ingestion, shot selection etc.
- Choosing specific visual effects, music and special audio elements.
- Work closely with producers, directors and motion designers to meet specific goals.
- Assembling various audio-visual materials into a finished product with a high level of production quality.
- Editing video material into the various video genres.
- Determining specific audio and visual effects and music necessary to complete videos.
- Confer with producers and directors concerning layout or editing approaches needed to increase dramatic or entertainment value of productions.
- Collaborate with music editors to select appropriate soundtracks.
- Other related editing requirements – grading, conversions, final material etc.
- Five years working experience as an editor
- Three years Solid Animation/graphic motion experience
- Relevant tertiary qualification
- Experience working with/for a production facility is an advantage
- Experience working with/for an advertising agency is an advantage
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Premiere.
- A solid working knowledge of Adobe After Effects
- A working knowledge of 3D and 2D animation.
- Considerable knowledge of the methods, video equipment, personal computers, and techniques used in the video editing field.
- Ability to visualize production scripts and other verbal or written instructions.
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain video editing systems and related equipment.
- Knowledge of online media and social media is an advantage.
- Knowledge of technical elements of video – i.e. formats, codecs, delivery options,
- Ability to combine a creative eye with attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage deadlines.
- Organized and thorough.
- Ability to take ownership and responsibility
- Ability to give creative input and direction
- uploads, compression, web platforms (YouTube etc) etc
- Problem solving. Time management. Resourcefulness.
- Have excellent creative problem-solving ability.
- Excellent attention to detail.