The Local Media News team at TelevisaUnivision in Miami is looking for a Part Time Editor to join our team! You will be responsible for editing a wide range of content for news stories, news produced shows and digital properties in multiple platforms.
The Local Media News team at TelevisaUnivision in Miami is looking for a Part Time Editor to join our team!
You will be responsible for editing a wide range of content for news stories, news produced shows and digital properties in multiple platforms, using non-linear, computer-based editing software available in our facilities, and/or mobile equipment to operate remotely. Editing might require matching scripts, record feeds, and incorporate graphics.
You will report to the Assistant News Director.
You are a master combining audio and video elements to tell stories, with or without a script, because you have a passion for real life storytelling. You love serving your community with the information it needs, and you strive to offer it accurately in every news piece edited by you. You love interacting with Digital and News Producers, Assignment Desk Editors and Photographers, and you facilitate the exchange and distribution of files between our facilities and the field, fulfilling our daily production needs.
You are accustomed to working in a high-energy environment, multi-task and meet tight deadlines. You can work flexible hours, including holidays, weekends, and evenings, as well as during inclement weather such as Hurricanes.
- Perform video and audio editing using cuts or effects, synchronizing video and audio in pre-recorded tracks; use/mix natural sound and graphics into the stories being edited; and use other production tools to enhance the edited stories when needed.
- Prepare video for newscasts using server-based editing and playback system.
- Edit special assignments as needed.
- Might be required to upload video, digital pictures, and copy to the station’s website and social media platforms.
- Will work independently, managing simultaneous projects and meeting tight deadlines.
- Other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- Ability to operate server-based editing and playback systems, including Avid Editing System (non-linear).
- Ability to label, codify and enter video information into library, working with a non-linear archive system.
- Knowledge of the INews, rundowns and news production terms such as Voice Over, Full Track and any combination of video, sound, and graphics required for the stories.
- At least one year of a TV station or production house experience in video production and/or post-production service.
- A High School diploma, but a college degree or technical school training in Journalism, Radio/Television, Production/ENG or related field from accredited University, will be an advantage.
- Bilingual - fluency in English and Spanish is required, both written and verbal.
- Digital and/or News Photographer experience will be a plus.