The CourtTV Legendary Trials Editor will work with several CourtTV units to create compelling content for broadcast and digital deliveries. This includes Digital, Archive, Media Operations, CourtTV Leadership and more.
Greater Atlanta Area
Dec 20, 2023
The CourtTV Legendary Trials Editor will work with several CourtTV units to create compelling content for broadcast and digital deliveries. This includes Digital, Archive, Media Operations, CourtTV Leadership and more. The CourtTV Legendary Trials team will delve into the vast CourtTV archives to create a gavel to gavel experience for the True Crime viewer. If you have an unrivaled passion for true crime stories and a strong interest in trial coverage, this position is for you.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Proactively cut down existing trials to network break structure
- Incorporate anchor reads, including color and audio correction, if needed
- Proactively create graphic bump ins/out in After Effects/Photoshop and sound design them
- Create all motion graphic elements for the trial, including side panels, lower thirds, banners, etc
- Proactively write banners, side panels and lower thirds to be added in edit.
- Yes, spelling counts
- Address and correct Standards and Practices issues: language and visual content.
- Often times involves tracking/roto-scoping
- Deliver finished content through QC application and resolve any technical issues
- Deliver finished content through captioning workflow and resolve any issues
- Create music and SFX library for the network
- Add value to projects with motion graphics, color grading, sound design and your “bag of tricks” you’ve developed in your career.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years experience in a newsroom or post production environment
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Cloud Suite, specifically Premier Pro, After Effects and Photoshop
- Able to troubleshoot and resolve hardware and software issues
- Must be able to work independently to meet challenging production schedules
- Must be an effective team player with strong interpersonal skills and communicate effectively with fellow creatives, engineers, management and others.
- Must have a strong editorial judgment
- Ability to quickly identify needs and opportunities, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- Detail oriented and tech savvy.