KCEN-TV is looking for an exceptional Editor/Digital Content Producer. Candidates must have a strong understanding of editing video for news and the concepts of producing a newscast.
The ideal candidate will have a multitude of talents including the ability to edit video and track down information through interviews, public records searches and social media. Our producers must be able to skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content. Candidates must also have a strong ability to write in AP style. The ability to continuously multi-task is critical.
- Edit video for morning newscast Monday-Friday
- Produce content for digital platforms including kcentv.com, and social media sites
- Use editorial judgement to help determine content for newscasts
- Enterprise stories to turn for digital exclusives
- Work with reporters and anchors to produce high quality edited video
- Use social listening to help identify key stories that will build social engagement
- Perform other tasks as required by supervisor
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field
- 1-2 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the tenets of professional journalism
- Skills in producing engaging, content-driven newscasts and digital content
- Strong social media skills, on platforms to include YouTube, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Knowledge of ENPS, Edius and Axis graphics a plus
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
Work Environment: Office
Physical Demands: Sedentary work
Travel: Rarely: less than 10%
Work Environment Set: Office: normally performed in a typical interior/office environment
Physical Demands Set: Sedentary work: Involves sitting most of the time; walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.