KSHB, the E.W. Scripps NBC affiliate in Kansas City, Missouri is seeking a Photographer/Editor to join the news team, where we are continuing to create the future of our industry with a focus on local community.
Kansas City, Missouri Area
Dec 27, 2022
The Photographer/Editor captures and edits visual content for multiple platforms, manages, edits and tracks incoming and outgoing content for multiple platforms. We seek someone who wants to tell stories with integrity, live the principles of journalism, make our communities stronger and the world around us better.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Capture and edit visual content for multiple platforms.
- Work in tandem with newsroom personnel to create and develop news stories.
- Edit content for use on multiple platforms.
- Responsible for operating various news gathering equipment; including but not limited to video editing equipment.
- Working knowledge of the multitude of paths by which content is imported and exported.
- Identify issues with incoming content, evaluate alternatives and implement solutions.
- Maintenance storage and capacity of SAN.
- Distribution of content to other Scripps units.
- Communicate consistently with newsroom staff regarding content, including but not limited to coordinating with field crews.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED:
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- 2 years of experience in a related field preferred.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required. In addition, proof of insurance and liability coverage may be required.
WHAT YOU'LL BRING:
- Detail-oriented, organized and ability to work effectively under pressure.
- Proficiency computer-based editing, Final Cut Pro.
- Proficiency with lighting and computer-based editing.
- Knowledge and demonstration of creativity, editorial judgment, journalistic ethics and libel laws.
- Knowledge of and proficiency in posting content to station's web sites.
- Able to work efficiently under multiple deadlines on a daily basis.