Shop TODAY, the commerce arm of TODAY, is looking for an Editorial Assistant to help manage a portfolio of social platforms. This person will be responsible for assisting in the day-to-day workflow of all of Shop TODAY’s platforms and supporting the social team.
This includes being responsible for writing snappy social copy, being a key contributor in brainstorming social video ideas, monitoring the latest social trends, and supporting audience growth and KPIs. They will work closely with the editorial team to optimize content packaging and pitch new and innovative social-first franchises.
The ideal candidate must be a social storyteller, with an interest in service journalism. This role requires someone who is detail-oriented and can not only work together with the social team, but across editorial, art, production, and legal and standards to ensure we’re following all guidance provided. Interest in video shooting and editing, as well as graphic design, is a plus.
We’re looking for a candidate with strong news judgment who feels comfortable juggling multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment. They should have a strong grasp on trends in the social sphere and be prepared to put Shop TODAY’s own unique twist on them.
- Assist in managing the day-to-day workflow of Shop TODAY’s social content calendar
- Write copy for social platforms, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest, changing voice and tone depending on each platform.
- Collaborate with the art team and editorial team to package and promote daily content, special projects, and tentpole events (gift guides, Prime Day, Black Friday, etc.)
- Collaborate with the TODAY Digital social team to amplify Shop TODAY content across platforms
- Support the other members of the social team with high priority projects
Salary range: $45,000-$50,000
Experience and Skills:
- 2+ years editorial social experience
- 1+ years editorial social experience for a commerce publisher
- Exceptional knowledge of grammar and AP Style
- Proven experience with copy writing for social media
- Highly organized, detail-oriented, and excellent verbal/written communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and work across multiple teams
- Strong editorial judgment and sense of the TODAY voice and audience
- Interest in shopping trends and discovering new products that will resonate with TODAY readers