The Editorial Producer is responsible for securing interviews, making pitches, and handling all aspects of newsmaker outreach for CNN's AC360.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 11, 2023
Your Role Accountabilities…
As the show's booking representative, this individual must follow the news cycle closely and actively pursue a wide variety of editorial perspectives for our live daily program in addition to special projects. The Editorial Producer conducts pre-interviews over the phone and sets up on-camera interviews and b-roll shoots, research and pitches provocative stories, and works contacts for long term booking opportunities. Editorial Producers work with Segment Producers to develop characters for long term stories. Performs other related duties as assigned. Job requires travel for breaking news bookings.
Qualifications & Experience…
- Must have 3+ years as a booking producer or equivalent production experience.
- A bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience.
- Research skills are essential to this position.
- Proven performance and an established rolodex in booking high profile news guests are necessary.
- Must be able to multi-task, execute quickly, and be editorially strong.
- Knowledge of current events, key players, and issues in global affairs a must.
- Organizational skills and writing skills are essential to this position.
- Second language a plus.
Pay Range: $68,832.00 - $127,832.00 salary per year.