The person in this role will report to the Senior Manager, Engagement & Impact. Responsibilities include: supporting the Engagement and Impact team in managing ITVS’ engagement program, which uses Independent Lens documentary films to spark civic participation and dialogue through strategic partnerships and documentary film screenings held in communities nationwide.
The person in this role will report to the Senior Manager, Engagement & Impact. Responsibilities include: supporting the Engagement and Impact team in managing ITVS’ engagement program, which uses Independent Lens documentary films to spark civic participation and dialogue through strategic partnerships and documentary film screenings held in communities nationwide. This is a 9-month work assignment with the possibility of transferring into full-time regular employment with ITVS.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Research and Data Organization
- Conduct and support research of partnership opportunities with community organizations based on engagement strategy.
- Schedule partner meetings, prepare meeting materials, provide follow-up communications.
- Maintain timely and accurate contact information in database (Oracle NetSuite).
- Maintain timely and accurate project management workflows (Asana.)
- Assist in developing data collection tools to help understand the reach and impact of engagement activities.
- Monitor data collection via ITVS’ evaluation tools (i.e. DocSCALE) and provide technical assistance to partners on data collection as needed.
- Coordinate production workflow of materials and assets created for websites by ITVS Creative Services team in support of engagement program; assets may include film discussion guides, outreach instructions, film clips, and other written and visual materials.
- Support website asset workflows through uploading videos and documents, creating links, identifying metadata.
- Assist in conducting individual partner, cross-partner, or initiative-level analysis and in developing and disseminating reports or blogs.
- Provide quality-control workflow, per ITVS style guide and best business practices.
In-Real-Life and Virtual Events
- Provide technical assistance to partners and troubleshoot issues on third-party virtual platforms
- Support panelist and participant preparation, logistics of ITVS’s virtual platform and event logistics
- Collaborate with ITVS’s Business and Legal Affairs team in facilitating event participant contracts and honoraria for film viewing events and key stakeholder convenings
- Initiate and support pre-and-post-event follow-up outreach to event audiences and participants, and key stakeholder organizations, which may include public media stations, filmmakers, speakers, community leaders, and film participants
- Coordinate data collection with external engagement partners (particularly filmmakers and public media stations), including communicating goals, training partners on use of evaluation tools, and disseminating reports.
- Provide enthusiastic and exceptional customer service, anticipating partner needs, handling inquiries, and resolving issues.
- Fosters and cultivates a culture of care and a high commitment to quality informed by ITVS values.
- Contributes to culture by proactively participating in organization programs and staff events.
- Seeks and integrates constructive feedback to drive continuous improvement.
- Works collaboratively with peers and staff; builds relationships through effective and compassionate communication.
- Other duties may be assigned as needed.
- A commitment to ITVS’ mission and an ability to apply sensitivity to a variety of social, economic, and cultural perspectives.
- Cares about principles associated with diversity and inclusion; willing and wanting to support the voices and visions of underrepresented communities, and reflect the interests and concerns of a diverse society.
- Must be comfortable talking about and using technology (virtual engagement platforms, account setups, chat software, watching and sharing online videos, livestreaming, etc.).
- Knowledge and passion for the ever-changing media and event production landscape.
- Creative with a flexible mind-set; open to new ideas and practices.
- Can work on multiple projects quickly and efficiently while under pressure.
- Strong research, writing, and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and “can do” attitude; able to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally.
- Be extremely detail oriented, organized, flexible, able to meet deadlines, and adapt to new and changing responsibilities.
- Be proactive and self-motivated with demonstrated ability to take initiative, prioritize tasks, and think strategically.
- Adaptable and able to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing environment.
- Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
- Enjoys working as a team member as well as independently.
- Willing to support leadership’s decision and direction in a positive, professional and cooperative manner. Good sense of humor is helpful too!
- Required: 1 or more years experience in community-based organizing, with a focus on building partnerships, and conducting outreach and engagement campaigns.
- Required: Experience with internet research and Google Workspace.
- Preferred: Experience working in Netsuite and Asana.
- Preferred: Experience, interest and/or knowledge in independent films, documentaries, community engagement, broadcast television, and/or event planning.
- Preferred: experience or exposure to program management.
It's important for you to know we love cover letters, they help us understand why you are interested in working at ITVS and they show us how you express yourself in writing. We will prioritize applicants who provide a cover letter.
ITVS is a financial steward of public funds and committed to pay transparency, as well as providing equitable and competitive compensation for staff. For this role the pay is $26.00/hour and all incumbent new hires base pay will begin at $26.00/hour. This is a non-exempt 9-month temporary position with the possibility of transferring into full-time regular employment with ITVS.