The Event Producer serves as the team leader and technical coordinator of live events and virtual meetings. During planning and production, they will interface with the project manager, end clients, and vendors to facilitate the execution of a smooth show on projects of moderate scope and intensity. On complex meetings, they may work under the direction of a senior/executive producer. This role requires the ability to calmly adjust on the fly and proactively work to avoid curveballs, as well as excellent leadership, communication, information retention, and multi-tasking skills. The role may require occasional travel and working outside of standard business hours.
Event Producer Job Purpose: The Event Producer serves as the team leader and technical coordinator of live events and virtual meetings. During planning and production, they will interface with the project manager, end clients, and vendors to facilitate the execution of a smooth show on projects of moderate scope and intensity. On complex meetings, they may work under the direction of a senior/executive producer. This role requires the ability to calmly adjust on the fly and proactively work to avoid curveballs, as well as excellent leadership, communication, information retention, and multi-tasking skills. The role may require occasional travel and working outside of standard business hours.
EVENT PRODUCER JOB DUTIES:
Pre- and Post-Production
- Through consultation with clients, translates the creative vision of the event into logistic and production needs
- Assists the project manager in coordinating logistics and production of event, including but not limited to budgets, location scouting, vendor procurement, content production, schedule planning, creation of set displays, platform branding, link creation (for virtual meetings) and more – always maintaining frequent and thorough communication
- Coordination of documentation, including release forms and COI’s when required
- Schedules and leads pre-production meetings with crew as needed beyond the project kickoff
- Assists the project manager with managing budgets and provides financial and production reports of expenditures post-event
- Coordinates the production and handoff of final deliverables, including notes, final files, VOD, etc.
- Oversees execution of production logistics onsite: responsible for AV oversight, call times, communication with crew, vendor management, and other tasks as needed
- Creates and distributes the meeting show flow
- Calls the show and leads the production team in the field; assists senior/executive producer on complex meetings
- Works closely with other members of the crew to achieve production goals
- Ensures crew is functioning efficiently and professionally; always looking out for the team’s wellbeing as well as Brella’s profitability and brand image while in the field
- Provides technical production support by directing location of cameras, audio, lighting, and other crew positions
- Facilitates troubleshooting of technical and logistical issues that arise
Additional Department Duties
- Collaborates with Event Team to develop and improve workflows
- Writes, updates, and maintains documentation related to the role
- A leader on the team; sets a positive example, mentors others, and develops/facilitates training
- Takes on special projects and other duties as assigned
ATTRIBUTES, SKILLS, AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Exceptional attention to detail, verbal & written communication, and organizational skills; able to effectively manage a high volume of demanding, concurrent projects
- Demonstrated excellence in leading and working collaboratively with teams
- Outstanding customer service orientation including professional presence and superior client relationship skills
- Optimistic and energetic; exceptional skill in dealing with demanding people
- Confident and action-oriented; able to quickly and creatively resolve issues in high-pressure situations
- Delegation; able to hand off tasks to crew as appropriate to balance workloads and facilitate team member development
- Strong initiative; able to identify actionable items and manage or delegate them independently
- Strong understanding of all areas of event production, including audio recording and mixing, lighting, staging, projection, etc. for live stage events and virtual meetings
- Proficiency with PowerPoint software to assist presenters with simple adjustments; familiarity with Adobe CC products a plus (AfterEffects, Premiere, Illustrator, Photoshop)
- Ability and desire to learn proprietary client software processes & systems
- A commitment to excellence and ongoing education in event production and to the mastery of their craft
- Bachelor’s degree in video/film production, theater, music/audio, communications, or related field is preferred
- 4+ years’ experience in corporate meeting production, television production, or AV industry
- Experience supervising crews, interfacing with clients and vendors
- Track record of producing high-quality large-scale meetings and events
- Understanding of best practice production methodologies
About Brella Productions
High-level vision, hands-on production
We are a lean, green digital strategy and production company. We combine hands-on knowledge with street smarts, making for a nimble, effective team. With a diverse staff of artists and experts, and a business-wide devotion to green and renewable practices, Brella brings a thoughtful, playful spin to telling our clients’ stories.
The Brella Principles
1. We cherish our co-workers, and tell them when they’re being cool, neat, or clever. Positive feedback leads to a virtuous circle, and we like that a lot.
2. We embrace our clients–their values, culture, voice, needs, and (most importantly) mission.
3. Playfulness and humor are not mandatory, but preferred.
4. Trying new things means not everything will go smoothly, so we expect the unexpected, and we’re not afraid of a mistake–we own it, we fix it, we learn, and we move on.
5. A day where we don’t learn something new is a wasted day.