Goodman Theatre: This position provides support to the Events and Rentals Manager to ensure that Goodman patrons and rental clients have superior experiences while working with the Goodman Theatre and our personnel. This position is the main public contact during performances and dedicated events or rentals.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Nov 16, 2023
This position provides support to the Events and Rentals Manager to ensure that Goodman patrons and rental clients have superior experiences while working with the Goodman Theatre and our personnel. This position is the main public contact during performances and dedicated events or rentals. This is a Full-Time position with regular evening and some weekend hours.
- Provide event support for any Goodman rentals and internal events and spaces.
- Supervise the hourly front of house staff assigned to an event or operations during programmed performances.
- Learn and assist with basic Goodman Audio Visual components.
- Coordinate and supervise events including Opening Nights, Membership Breakfast, College Nights, Season Preview, Business Council, and other events and rentals throughout the season.
- Assist with Goodman linen, in-house inventory tracking and event setup/breakdown.
- Maintain and edit event logs.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2-3 years of guest related experience required—events specific experience a plus.
- Must possess outstanding guest services skills and sophisticated communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize, track, and follow up to ensure all tasks and duties are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including a mix of day, evening, and weekend shifts.
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills, and self-starter.
- Computer literate in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities.
- Capable of moving, bending, picking up, items up to 20lbs.
- Model behavior and values consistent with Goodman’s Community Agreements and furthering Goodman’s IDEAA (inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism and access) goals.
SALARY RANGE: $42,000 annually