The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the President and select members of the Executive Team while managing the organization’s office operations.
Charlotte, North Carolina Area
Jun 07, 2023
The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the President and select members of the Executive Team while managing the organization’s office operations. This dynamic position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. As an essential role to the organization, this position is in-office 5 days per week based at our new state-of-the art Hearst Facility located in Charlotte, NC.
- Provide sophisticated calendar management for President. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Coordinate communication and schedule meetings with Hearst Corporation executives.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the President’s ability to effectively lead the organization: collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense reports.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the President, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect President’s style and organization policy.
- Work closely with the President to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the President updated. Anticipate President’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
- Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
- Provide "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the President and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the President.
- Manage all aspects of organization’s office services.
- Monitor and replenish office supplies, materials, and corporate premiums as appropriate.
- Provide outside meeting and event management support as requested.
- Manage Signage Live platform to display Welcome Sign for guests.
- Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
- Monitor main phone line messages, manage general email box and respond to inquiries.
- Process and distribute daily mail.
- Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
- 5+ years of executive support experience, including supporting C-level executives.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field is preferred.
- Related experience and/or training considered as well as a combination of education and experience.
- HMPG is a proud supporter of military veterans. Related military training and experience will be considered.
- Expert proficiency with Microsoft Office, Microsoft Teams, and Zoom applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail.
- High degree of professionalism in dealing with diverse groups of people, including senior executives, staff and community leaders.
- Make appropriate, informed decisions regarding priorities and available time.
- Ability to complete a high volume of tasks and projects with little or no guidance.
- Ability to react with appropriate levels of urgency to situations and events that require quick response or turnaround.
- Able to maintain a high level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
- Excellent judgment is essential.
- Ability to switch gears at a moment’s notice.
- Ability to work well within a cross-functional team environment and diverse communities.