WWL-TV/WUPL-TV in New Orleans, home to rich musical traditions, the most delectable food in the country, and a history of major news stories, has an excellent opportunity for an experienced, dynamic and energetic Morning Executive Producer.
Greater New Orleans Area
Dec 27, 2022
This person must have strong news judgment, plus have an eye for creativity. This leader will embrace our high-quality standard of news reporting, storytelling and investigative excellence while boldly advancing the WWL morning show brand across multiple platforms. The ideal candidate should be a strong news leader that can execute the vision for this newscast with urgency and impact.
This person must excel at guiding breaking news, weather and traffic coverage. The ideal candidate should be skilled at creating an audience-focused content calendar that aligns with research and the needs of our community. This person should know how to motivate a fully-engaged team, managing and inspiring all employees who contribute to the overall success of the morning show. This leader must work collaboratively with other news managers and departments including digital, marketing and research to make informed decisions to advance the news product and grow viewership.
- Grasp the content that matters to our communities and know how to bring timely coverage and conversation to our shows every day
- Oversee the morning newscasts to ensure the brand promise and strategies are met
- Regularly critique newscasts with the staff, both as a team and with individual contributors on the team including, but not limited to, producers, reporters, anchors and editors
- Hold a strong standard for the entire newscast and its content that aligns with audience research and needs
- Identify daily opportunities to have our news get noticed and reach new audiences
- Lead teams in the creation of unique, shareable content
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content
- Work with the digital desk to identify and assign content appropriately for each platform
- Encourage innovation, risk-taking and powerful storytelling in crafting great newscasts
- Inspire enterprise stories and coordinate special coverage with news leadership team
- Challenge the norm
- Help create a multi-platform experience
- Work collaboratively with other managers and perform tasks as required by News Director, Digital Director, and Assistant News Director