The Executive Producer will be responsible for the creative development and production of all aspects of a U.S. domestic news show. Candidates must be editorially mature with a superior knowledge and understanding of the news and the audience. Will translate this knowledge into an energetic and dynamic program.
Greater Atlanta Area
Feb 08, 2024
Your New Role…
- The Executive Producer will be responsible for the creative development and production of all aspects of a U.S. domestic news show.
- Candidates must be editorially mature with a superior knowledge and understanding of the news and the audience.
- Will translate this knowledge into an energetic and dynamic program.
- Will set and communicate the creative vision for the show, build and enhance the show run down, propose new program concepts and provide compelling and upscale storytelling.
- Serves as point person for decision making while stories develop and is the decision maker on judgment calls for stories and information that need to be reported.
Your Role Accountabilities… -
- The EP must be a strong leader in both the newsroom and the control room. -
- Will engage and manage high profile talent as well as a show team that will successfully deliver on the strategic vision set by Sr. Management. -
- Team will include anchor, producers, writers, bookers, copy editors and other editorial positions. -
- To maximize the impact of the show across all platforms, the EP will collaborate with colleagues across US Programming as well as digital, international, PR, sales and marketing. -
- Individual will assume responsibility for short and long-term budget items. -
- Must be able to meet aggressive deadlines while completing high quality work. -
- Will be agile and adaptable in a rapidly changing environment. -
- Required to attend editorial planning calls twice daily and be on call given the news cycle.
Qualifications & Experience… -
- 10+ years of editorial experience with 3 or more years in a leadership role in network and/or cable television
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism or related field of study is preferred, or equivalent experience -
- Collaborative personality with an aptitude for thriving under pressure with diverse staff, talent and other on-air personalities -
- Be innovative, creative, and great at mentoring and leading people -
- Thorough understanding of politics and current events -
- Knowledge of i-News computer system is helpful -
- Must be able to work an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require -
- Must have the flexibility to work different shifts including evenings, overnights and weekends
Day, Evening, Overnight