Telemundo Atlanta (WKTB) is looking for a creative and talented bilingual Executive Producer/Line Producer.
• Telemundo Atlanta (WKTB) is looking for a creative and talented bilingual Executive Producer/Line Producer. The ideal candidate will be creative, compelling and possess an innate desire to inform and empower the community across all media platforms. Candidate must be able to write, produce and line produce for live local newscasts. Executive Producer will also work in collaborations with digital platforms.
• To Executive Produce and Line Produce the 5:30pm/6pm or 11pm Newscast. Create news rundown, assign and write engaging/relevant stories and provide instructions to news team for 5:30 – 6:30pm or 11pm newscast either taped or live. Preview content for accuracy and relevancy before air. Time show accurately for a seamless newscast on-air.
• Collaborate with News Team on daily basis to provide synergetic experiences both on-air and on digital platforms including the production of on-air specials and special digital sections/features. (i.e. Olympics, World Cup, Elections, etc.) Opportunity to produce digital segments for newscasts and online.
• Contribute to digital news strategy and execution. Contribute to news on Telemundo Atlanta's digital news properties (website, mobile app, social media, etc.) to provide a valuable and engaging service to the community while growing traffic.
• Contribute multimedia images, video, articles, properties to be used on digital media, as well as on-air newscasts/shows. Utilize digital products, marketing tactics, events, etc. to increase viewership on TV properties and online using cross promotional tactics. Report to News Director and Station Management.
• Represent Telemundo at all times with positive image. Attend Hispanic events on behalf of Telemundo Atlanta as needed. Must be team player with desire to achieve excellence
Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above.
• B.A. or B.S. Degree preferably in journalism or equivalent experience
• Some Experience in linear editing software (i.e. Premiere Pro, CS, Final Cut)
• Proficient in English and Spanish, both written and verbal
• 2+ Years Experience producing newscasts
• 2+ Years Experience line producing newscasts
• Good attitude and team player
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Attention to detail
• Flexible work schedule to include nights, weekends and holidays
• Solid editorial judgment and journalistic ethics
• Strong news judgment and research skills
If you feel you’re qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on "apply now", upload your resume, cover letter and references