Syndicated Network targeting the African-American community is seeking an Executive Producer for The Morning Hustle syndicated radio show. Candidate will be responsible for creating an informative and entertaining show that generates listeners while managing the overall operations & content of the on-air broadcast.
Syndicated Network targeting the African-American community is seeking an Executive Producer for The Morning Hustle syndicated radio show.
Candidate will be responsible for creating an informative and entertaining show that generates listeners while managing the overall operations & content of the on-air broadcast.
Position is based in Atlanta, GA.
- Collaborate with talent, management, production and engineering staff to plan and execute all aspects of the show ensuring compelling content of the broadcast is delivered over the radio, the internet and other mobile platforms.
- Direct on-air talent and support staff to ensure programming clock is adhered to and technical problems are resolved before broadcast.
- Ensure that the show content is topical and well researched.
· Works with VP, Programming Radio One to set goals for ratings performance in affiliate markets.
· Coordinates with VP, Programming Radio One for a weekly planning calendar for show to include, but not limited to, booking guests, promotions, campaigns, interactive, programming content, and other characteristics of Talent’s Show.
· Work with Online Editor(s) to produce & post content on all social media platforms available in order to engage listeners.
· Prepare writing materials for scripts, show rundowns, call list and/ or interview questions, including timely breaking news or topics.
· Schedule and prepare guests to be interviewed by the host(s).
· Oversee “real-time” execution of the program in coordination with studio staff, including dissemination of network initiatives, promotions, events, and/or contesting.
· Oversee and collaborate with the production team in producing audio elements to brand daily radio shows. Assist with the production of content for various outside correspondents, talent/programming segments, rejoins, demos, etc.
· Load the Audio Vault Wide Orbit with all files needed to run the show including music, jingles, sound effects, interviews, and comedy bits.
· Provide creative imaging services including voice ID’s, promos, pre-recorded shows, and special production for shows.
· Produce daily show promos and bulk send to radio station affiliates.
· Oversees preparation of daily program commercial logs and ensures commercials air appropriately for show. Signs traffic log per Reach Media policies.
· Setup Remote Broadcasts as directed for show including budgeting, booking studio time; ensuring staff at each studio; setting up broadcast equipment testing with corresponding engineers and operating board during broadcast.
· Assist engineering with troubleshooting technical problems relating to show equipment.
· Prepare “Best Of” and / or “Emergency” shows using content from archives and audio resources.
· Adhere to all guidelines, policies and procedures of Reach Media, the FCC and all other federal and local laws. Ensure copyrights are cleared and that output meets REACH Media legal guidelines.
· Assist VP, Programming with additional responsibilities as assigned.
Extremely creative and able to effectively prioritize tasks while being attentive to details.
· Excellent communication & interpersonal skills to work as part of a team in a creative and diverse environment.
· Creative problem-solving to make spontaneous decisions under time constraints.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure situations.
· Excellent leadership and negotiation skills.
· Strong computer skills including Internet website navigation, competency in Microsoft Office Suite and broadcast-related programs.
· Strong technical skills including knowledge of basic audio editing equipment-Audio Wide Orbit, Adobe Audition, MCart technology and VoxPro to quickly and effectively screen calls.
· Strong understanding of the digital environment including website updates, video editing, blog maintenance and contributing to social media content (i.e. Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc).
· Flexibility to adjust work schedule as needed in order to support show demands.
· High level of creativity and ability to develop show concepts.
· Ability to travel as needed for remote broadcasts.
· High School Diploma or education degree (GED). BA/BS college level degree preferred and/or a minimum of 3 plus years relevant experience in broadcasting or related field.
· Minimum 3 years experience working as an Executive Producer.
· Strong understanding of all FCC rules and regulations.
· Network experience preferred but not required.