Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a part-time faculty position in the Department of English (Screenwriting) for the academic year 2022-2023.
Film + Media Studies
Greater Atlanta Area
May 03, 2023
Kennesaw State University is now accepting applications for a part-time faculty position in the Department of English (Screenwriting) for the academic year 2022-2023. These positions are on an as needed basis. Rank is determined at the time of hiring and will be commensurate with experience.
- Teaching FILM3105, screenwriting, and other courses in our dramatic writing curriculum. Other courses may be assigned based on qualifications.
- Teaching in face-to-face, online, and hybrid formats
- Teaching on Kennesaw and/or Marietta campuses
- Teaching assignments will be based on earned degrees and SACSCOC Faculty Credentials Guidelines.
- A Masters of Arts, or the foreign equivalent, in English, Film, Creative Writing, or a related discipline, or seven years of industry experience writing for television and film.
- Ideal candidates will have academic coursework in screenwriting for film and television; professional experience writing for film and television; experience teaching screenwriting and related courses; and experience teaching in face-to-face, hybrid, and online formats.
- KSU’s student population is as diverse as the population of the Atlanta metro area and includes a high proportion of traditionally underrepresented groups and first-generation college students. We prefer candidates who share the Department of English’s explicit commitment to teaching diverse communities and our belief that our diversity is our strength. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official Transcripts Due Upon Hire)
- Sample Syllabi (Upload as Additional Documents)
- Evidence of effective teaching and/or mentoring (Upload as Additional Documents)
Incomplete applications will not be considered.