E! News is looking for an experienced, passionate candidate to join the NY or L.A. digital team as a features writer. This person will be responsible for writing and publishing content daily as well as conducting interviews for E! Online.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 22, 2024
E! News is looking for an experienced, passionate candidate to join the NY or L.A. digital team as a features writer. This person will be responsible for writing and publishing content daily as well as conducting interviews for E! Online. This person will work closely with the Deputy Editor.
The ideal candidate has experience working in entertainment, strong news judgment and an understanding of the E! audience. They will also be able to thrive in a fast-paced environment and use data-driven analysis and social conversations to determine content and pitch ideas.
- Write and publish 3-4 pieces of content daily (60-75 monthly), ranging from SEO-driven articles and deep-dive features on trending topics to follow up stories on breaking news, galleries and interviews
- Work under tight deadlines, providing clean, clear copy
- Edit copy for other writers in a timely manner, providing grammatical feedback as well as notes on style, tone and fact-checking
- Ability to self-edit
- Identify and pitch stories, viral trends and celebrities that help start conversation and drive page views, social referral traffic and engagement
- Seek out clever angles, second beats and creative, attention-grabbing headlines
- Familiarity with analytics, ability to examine story performance and identify follow up angles to continue to increase page views and engagement
- Pitch and conduct interviews with celebrities, identifying strongest angles and writing up in a timely manner
- Work alongside the team in covering tentpole events, brainstorming lead-up coverage and writing articles in real time during red carpets, award shows and other pop culture events
- Collaborate with social team to promote content across the portfolio
- Understanding of E! social audiences and ability to post on E! social when necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years’ experience in a deadline writing sharp copy, ideally in entertainment news
- Excellent writing skills that align with the E! voice
- Proficient in SEO
- Strong news judgment and understanding of what the E! reader wants to consume
- Hard-working, dedicated and detail-oriented
- Thrives in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment
- A blend of collaborative skills as well as being an independent self-starter
- Effective communication skills and strong collaborator who can work across multiple departments
- A passion for pop culture
- Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $70,000-$90,000