The PBS Accelerator Fellowship for Diverse Voices provides mid-career content makers from underrepresented backgrounds paid employment opportunities for up to one year with third-party productions working on PBS shows.
Corporate Area: PBS Accelerator Fellowship for Diverse Voices
Status: Full-time/Fixed Term, Grant (This position is fully funded for one year)
PBS Accelerator Fellowship for Diverse Voices Overview:
PBS remains committed to amplifying and elevating diverse voices and perspectives. The PBS Accelerator Fellowship for Diverse Voices provides mid-career content makers from underrepresented backgrounds paid employment opportunities for up to one year with third-party productions working on PBS shows. The Fellowship Program will not only support Fellows, it will also accelerate changes in the producing ecosystem by bringing more voices into the production process in key roles.
The Fellow is hired by a PBS producing partner to work within a production team where the Fellow will be provided with an opportunity to make substantial contributions to programming, observe and learn practical leadership skills, and build a network of connections within the public media system. The Fellow will obtain a production credit for their work, receive a competitive salary, benefits, and will be a contract, full-time employee of the production company where placed. More information on the production company will be provided to those selected for interviews.
To complement their job experience, Fellows become members of the PBS fellowship cohort which provides monthly cohort sessions, individual mentorship with prominent leaders in public media, access to industry events and professional networking opportunities with PBS senior leadership and partners.
- To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The fellowship program is for mid-career professionals with
- Minimum of five (5) years of mid-career off-line editing and production experience OR
- Minimum of two (2) production credits with the same or similar job title as the fellowship position you are seeking.
- A Fellow should be able to demonstrate affinity with groups that have been traditionally underrepresented in media, including but not limited to groups identified by race, ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, geographic location, socio-economic status, and other factors.
- Participants must commit to and be available for the duration of the twelve-month fellowship.
Saint Paul, MN; Hybrid or New York City; Hybrid
Key responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
The Editor/Producer Fellow supports both national and digital production of key projects, contributing producing and editing skills during pre-production through completion. Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Editing digital episodes, vertical videos, gifs, teases, promos and sizzle reels
- Creative concepting of visual design/motion graphics
- Incorporating written and verbal feedback throughout the post production process
- Potentially serve as assistant editor or editor on national broadcast episodes
- Researching stories, themes and characters during preproduction
- Participating in production meetings, story conferences and screenings
- Producing and/or Co-Producing digital episode production
Requirements for success:
- 3-5 years of editing experience with 1-2 years of color correct and/or motion graphics for a digital or social content project
- Interest and or background in music, culture, and the outdoors
- Excellent computer skills: Adobe Creative Suite, Microsoft Office, Premiere, Davinci Resolve, Mac and PC operating systems
- Strong focus on end user needs with alignment with the mission of the organization
- Detail oriented with strong organization & time management skills, able to accurately execute responsibility along with the ability to multitask in a fast-paced, time sensitive production environment with excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate effectively with all team members
- Commitment to advancing Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Accessibility (IDEA) priorities within the organization
The salary range for this position is $85,000 to $110,000.