We are looking for a Production Assistant (PA) whose primary job is to provide support in all aspects of our video productions for Dhar Mann Studios. This individual will assist on set during productions.
The ideal candidate will ensure that the productions run smoothly by providing general support to the Director, Producer, and Cast.
HOW YOU’LL SPEND YOUR TIME:
- Supporting the Director, Cast, and Producer with miscellaneous tasks on set
- Assisting with Sound and Lighting as needed (stringing cords, working with gaffing tape, slating, etc. is an extra bonus but not required.)
- Marking down talent for blocking
- Managing talent while on set to make sure they are focused and their needs are taken care of
- Ensuring that all equipment is charged and readily available for a successful shoot
- Making sure all props and wardrobe are organized and ready to go on-set.
- Making sure all necessary paperwork gets completed prior to shoots for actors
- Performing any other duties to support the overall success of the team, no task should be too small or too big
WHAT YOU HAVE:
- 2+ years of on-set production experience (booming sound, using sound equipment, stringing cords, working with gaffing tape, slating, etc.)
- Flexibility on schedule (Be on call at any given moment in time. This includes early mornings, late nights, and weekends as well)
- Have the ability to lift at least 30 to 50 lbs
- Must be able to contribute constructively during the production process
- Must be receptive to constructive criticism and feedback on the spot
- Comprehensive understanding of all production processes for video
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Solution-oriented with the ability to creatively solve problems during shoots
WHO OVERSEES YOU:
You will report directly to the Production Senior Manager
WHO YOU OVERSEE:
You will be overseeing all of our freelance actors and actresses
WHERE IT ALL GOES DOWN:
All the action takes place at our BRAND NEW studio in Burbank, CA!
WHEN THE MAGIC HAPPENS:
This will be an on-call as needed role with the potential to grow into a full time employee based on business needs.
WHY YOU SHOULD JOIN US:
We've kept our hiring bar really high - you will work with the best
Our content is growing quickly, so you'll get the opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and grow a ton personally!
WHEN WE’LL TALK ABOUT HOW AWESOME YOU ARE:
No formal cover letters, please. Instead, include a few short paragraphs in your application explaining why you’d be a good fit for this particular position.
- Provide links to projects you’ve worked on
- Attach a resume
AN IMPORTANT NOTE BEFORE APPLYING TO US:
Our organization looks to hire the BEST of the best and we focus on finding candidates who are a strong cultural fit. We have a 3 month 'Discovery Period' in place that allows us to get to know each new hire better and assess their skill set.