We are looking for a Freelance Audio Operator/A1 to join our Fox News family and New York operations team creating daily live and VOD content for Fox News Channel.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater New York City Area
Nov 17, 2022
The Freelance Audio Operator/A1 works directly with the FNC/FBN audio engineer and crew for our live and live-to-tape shows at our New York facility.
This is a freelance-based role, and you must be flexible to work on multiple shows over varied hours and days.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare show audio requirements
- Operate equipment to integrate audio sources and create a full program mix for air
- Collaborate with technical and news staff to satisfy production needs for live, taped, and automated programming under the supervision of Director and Operations management
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a related field of study preferred, or equivalent experience
- Certification in Dante levels 1-3
- Extensive experience in mixing multiple audio elements in a fast-paced, remote-oriented, live news environment
- 3 to 5 years of related A1 experience in a live broadcast television environment
- Proficiency in building and executing effects and shows on the following consoles; Calrec Sigma & Artemis, & Yamaha QL5.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to work well with audio assists, technical associates, directors, and producers
- Strong knowledge of audio patch bays, Hydra BSP, signal flow, Enco playout system, and the ability to troubleshoot during live production
- Ability to adapt to a 24-hour news organization/environment and flexibility with your work schedule
- Availability to travel for remotes if needed