The Freelance Content Coordinator is responsible for all communication and acquisition of content appearing on the network, website and social channels during their shift.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 23, 2023
The Freelance Content Coordinator is responsible for all communication and acquisition of content appearing on the network, website and social channels during their shift. As a Content Coordinator, this person will communicate daily with New York PR staffs and other media outlets to acquire content via Zoom, help schedule and share transmission info with crews out in the field and back at the studio. This person will serve as quality control to incoming feeds and liaison to share all content across platforms. This person should be an effective communicator and the ability to handle multiple projects at one time under tight deadlines.
- Maintain quality control of all incoming elements, including remote setups, streamed content, and taped field content of incoming content to all SNY platforms through Slack
- Schedule Field Producers and Multi-Platform Photographer/Editors
- Must understand all technical aspects of news content gathering, including via satellite, fiber, LiveU, TVU, FTP, internet pool, and mobile transfer. Responsible for communication of active feed paths to content staff
- Must have ability to book production trucks, remote studios and video conference calls
- Host a nightly meeting with digital and linear staff on duty
- Communicate with team and league communication staffs; this includes media credentialing, zoom access and future schedules
- Assist in updating team/league mandated video guidelines and restrictions for both linear and digital platforms
- Self-starter who demonstrates the ability to present and lead the execution of original content ideas
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in video production.
- Very strong computer skills: Experience with any of the following software is highly preferred –AVID Media Composer, Media Central and Capture Manager, and iNEWS.
- Experience with Zoom, Microsoft Teams, Cisco WebEx, Filezilla and Dropbox.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
Additional Job Requirements:
- Must be willing to submit to a background investigation.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY.
Hourly rate: $20/hr - $25/hr