WUSA9, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Washington, D.C. is seeking a freelance content creator/editor to work on Great Day Washington, our live, daily talk show featuring integration segments. The position requires creating video photography in the field on lifestyle and other interesting stories that will enhance Great Day Washington’s brand.
Live Event / On Location Services
Washington D.C. Metro Area
Jan 10, 2024
Freelance content creator/editor – Great Day Washington
WUSA9, the TEGNA-owned CBS affiliate in Washington, D.C. is seeking a freelance content creator/editor to work on Great Day Washington, our live, daily talk show featuring integration segments. The position requires creating video photography in the field on lifestyle and other interesting stories that will enhance Great Day Washington’s brand. Great Day Washington is commercial in nature and separate from our newsroom. You must also possess excellent non-linear editing skills. There will be opportunities to allow for creative outside-the-box storytelling and some travel.
• Shoot live shots throughout the DMV
• Shoot and edit short and long-form packages in the DMV and beyond
• Ability to conduct multi-camera interview shoots, using proper lighting
• Assist in gathering content for social media while on shoots
• Assist in editing needs for Great Day Washington
• Be able to represent WUSA9 in client settings
• Communications or visual arts degree preferred.
• 3-5 years’ experience as photographer and editor required.
• Knowledge of and significant hands-on experience with non-linear editing required.
• Knowledge of and experience with TV broadcast cameras, lights, audio and other equipment required.
• The ability to do a live shot via 4G live unit (Dejero).
• Knowledge of EDIUS, Adobe Premiere or any Non-Linear base editing system preferred.
• Organizational skills and the ability to work deadlines.
• Experience in client relations.
• Current valid driver license required.
• Schedule is on a as needed basis right now, with room for growth. This is typically a M-F position, shooting during daytime hours, unless for travel shoots.
This is position is not covered by a union contract. This position reports to Executive Producer
Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
Physical Demands Set: Medium work: Involves standing prolong hours, stooping, bending, lifting/pushing up to 25 lbs.