Weigel Broadcasting is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Freelance Videographer/Video Editor to add to our Local Programming Team. A visual storyteller who can combine video and sound to effectively drive home a story.
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Chicago Area
Jun 27, 2023
Weigel Broadcasting is looking for an enthusiastic and creative Freelance Videographer/Video Editor to add to our Local Programming Team. A visual storyteller who can combine video and sound to effectively drive home a story. The right candidate is an innovative videographer with an expert understanding of Adobe Creative Cloud Suite and has a strong passion for shooting and editing long formatted packages. We are looking for someone who relishes feedback and wants to grow and tackle new challenges.
- Experience with DSLR cameras, drones and iPhone video preferred.
- Knowledge of lighting techniques for live shots and interviews.
- Work daily as a storyteller collaborating with reporters and producers to execute creative concept for story.
- Open to learning how to write copy, captions or headlines to contribute to our digital platforms
- Demonstrated knowledge of Adobe Premier non-linear editing is preferred.
- Use creative production techniques such as graphics and new forms of media (viewer pictures, webcam interviews, etc.) to enhance stories
- Attend editorial meetings, participate in discussions, and suggest story ideas.
- Other duties, as assigned.
- Five years of experience as a photographer and editor, preferably in a top 20 market.
- Experience shooting news, lifestyle, and/or food content.
- Familiarity with Chicago area, desirable
- Strong non-linear editing background, including Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere & After Effects) is a plus
- Valid Illinois drivers license
- Drone ENG experience with FAA Part 107 certification a plus
- Strong computer skills
- Spanish fluency is a plus.
- Ability to work under deadline pressure
- Physical ability to carry and manipulate at least 30lbs of gear, set up and breakdown broadcast production equipment, whether alone or as part of a team, and on tight deadlines.
- Capable of driving company vehicles in all conditions and on potentially long (3 to 4 hour) drives to and from assignments.