CUMULUS MEDIA | Columbia, SC is searching for an experienced Full-Time Host/ Producer for (107.5 The Game). You will co-host our morning show from 6-9am and produce our 9-Noon show.
Audio / Music / Sound
Columbia, South Carolina Area
Sep 20, 2022
Also, you need to be able to rip and edit audio, upload content to our digital platform and post on our social media sites.
We strive to hire people who are passionate about radio, driven, resourceful and problem solvers who have the ability to drive the evolving, diverse culture of the Power of Radio to success. The successful candidate knows we work in the entertainment business and takes pride in the success of our brand.
The Host/Producer needs to be flexible and versatile enough to work both roles. They organize, conceptualize and develop topics, features and guests for the shows they will be working on that day. Topics that represent the lifestyle and interests of the show’s listeners. They also partner with the show’s co-hosts, Program Director and others to create engaging content, increase listenership, and enhance subscriber satisfaction and passion. The host/producer is responsible for the daily technical operation of the show as well as keeping the show’s social platforms relevant and up to date.
- Co-Hosting the morning show and contributing topical, opinionated and entertaining content. Also live management and radio board operation production of the show’s daily moment to moment content, sound and presentation
- Contributing to the show’s daily digital content with regards to relevance, creativity and tune-in messaging on our website, texting and social media platforms
- Manage and grow the show’s brand through video and launch of a show podcast
- Actively participate in the development of daily content by developing & researching topics for discussion; conceptualize, write and produce appropriate segments
- Book and pre-interview guests
- Organize and document daily pre-show, post-show and afternoon planning meetings
- Attend meetings with the station’s program director to ensure content, tactical plans and image are consistent with the station’s overall strategy
- Being present when the show is on the air and on location
- Coordinate logistics for remote and special broadcasts
- Design and manage a system for archiving audio, show content, digital content
- Tactical planning for future shows
To upload your air-check, please paste the audio file into a Word document and save with name format Lastname.Audio and upload as part of your application by selecting “Include a cover letter”. Instructions are also provided on the application form.
- 3 + years of Full-Time On-Air experience with successful ratings history required
- Strong production skills and knowledge of Op X, VOX Pro/Adobe Audition and Audacity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking
- Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations
- Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to on-air discussions
- Demonstrated upbeat personality, informative, entertaining and engaging on the air; able to relate to station audience
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation
- Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar; ability to make others feel comfortable and open up on air
- Demonstrated creativity and imagination
- Can work well in a team environment; collaborative
- All new hires must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 by date of hire, subject to legally-mandated accommodations