New World is seeking a Gameplay Animator to create appealing and engaging creatures and player animations for the New World Team.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jun 15, 2023
New World is seeking a Gameplay Animator to create appealing and engaging creatures and player animations for the New World Team. As the Gameplay Animator, you will collaborate with animators, game designers, artists and engineers to help maintain or develop workflows, and create amazing animation to delight our customers. You’ll use a combination of key frame animation and motion capture techniques to bring characters to life. You will have a broad impact and a lot of discretion.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with Animation Team, Art team and Design Team to create in game animations that are incredibly satisfying to play and exiting to watch.
- You’ll use a combination of key frame and motion capture techniques to bring human and creature characters to life.
- Offer and receive criticism and critique equally well to help constantly raise our team’s quality bar.
- Work with our technical artist to define and improve our animation pipeline.
- Portfolio/Demo Reel demonstrating understanding of animation theory and technique using key-frame and motion capture applied to 3D human and other organic creatures. Please provide description of your work per shot.
- 1+ years of experience in the games industry as an animator or equivalent work in a related field
- Experience with Maya or equivalent 3D Animation package
- Experience working with mocap and key framed animation techniques
- Excellent time management and work discipline.
- Skill in another art-related fields – Illustration, painting, technical art
- Knowledgeable about game industry trends and animation techniques
- Passion for making and playing great games.
Our compensation reflects the cost of labor across several US geographic markets. The base pay for this position ranges from $47,500/year in our lowest geographic market up to $110,500/year in our highest geographic market.