The Generalist demonstrates a strong base of knowledge in 3D Computer Generated Imagery Creation. Successful candidates will display a high degree of proficiency across multiple areas including modeling, lighting, texturing, shading/look development, FX, matte painting, animation and rendering.
London, United Kingdom
Mar 13, 2023
What you'll do:
- Uses artistic and technical skills to work on all aspects of CG shots such as Modeling, Shading, Texturing, Lighting and Rendering.
- Creating models, textures and photo-realistic digital matte paintings.
- Lighting and scene assembly for other shots or assets as required, including characters and animation.
- Work in conjunction with VFX and CG Supervisor to develop the look and feel of the shot.
- Communicate with production on a regular basis and provide aesthetic feedback when required.
What we're looking for:
- High-level knowledge across multiple CG techniques including but not limited to: FX, Modeling, Texturing, Lighting, Matte Painting, Rendering, Shading.
- Proven VFX pipeline experience having worked on at least one feature film.
- Working knowledge of Maya, Arnold and Unreal Engine.
- Be comfortable with both the creative and technical aspects of CG work.
- Production-based experience in Maya, Clarisse, Houdini and VRay, with Arnold and Unreal Engine a big plus.
- Team-based creative and technical problem-solving.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines whilst maintaining a high-quality output.
- Programming or scripting skills (e.g. mel, python).
- Traditional arts background.
- Comfortable with a wide range of software used to create high-quality digital environments.