Nexstar Media Group is seeking a news Graphic Designer to be part of a bold team of in-house designers, in downtown Chicago, Illinois. This is a unique opportunity to have your work seen on a national level for a broadcast network.
Greater Chicago Area
Jan 10, 2024
Nexstar Media Group is seeking a news Graphic Designer to be part of a bold team of in-house designers, in downtown Chicago, Illinois. This is a unique opportunity to have your work seen on a national level for a broadcast network. We’re looking for a motivated graphic designer who has high level graphic design skills that focus on typography and composition for broadcast design, video, social media and print needs. The ideal candidate is a master at designing daily news graphics in Photoshop, can create effective logo designs in Illustrator and can also execute intermediate level motion graphics in AfterEffects. Working effectively with tight deadlines and quick problem-solving skills are required. The ideal candidate has 1-3 years’ experience working in broadcast news, local or network level. Similar experience in broadcast entertainment or post-production or comparable design industry considered. Must provide a link to an on-line portfolio for consideration.
- High level graphic design and typography skills are required.
- High level skills in Adobe Photoshop (primary need) and Illustrator (secondary need) are required.
- Top notch layout and composition skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced photo manipulations skills using Adobe Photoshop required.
- High level logo and branding design skills required.
- Intermediate to advanced level motion design skills are a plus, specifically using AfterEffects.
- Must be able to work on tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to translate top news story content quickly and effectively into compelling graphic designs.
- Must work well solo or with others in a collaborative, team environment.
- Ability to follow brand standards and design workflow protocol.
- Skills in InDesign, Keynote, Powerpoint, Cinema 4D, Premiere software are a plus.
- Must be able to work Saturday and Sunday early mornings or unconventional hours. Holiday work may be required. Hybrid remote hours possible after initial training period.
- Design related duties such as but not limited to: photo editing, print design, presentation design, large format design, environmental design, projection map design, web design, social media design, photography, video editing and other design/marketing/broadcast related work may be required as needed for specific projects.
- Ross Xressions or similar knowledge a plus but not required.
- Job requires an undergraduate degree in graphic arts or equivalent experience.
- Must provide a link to an on-line portfolio for consideration.