Inira Films is seeking a Graphic Designer with exceptional skills to develop a brand identity for the company that accurately reflects our mission and work.
Contact: Nunera Amun
Inira Films LLC is a video production and communication company based in Philadelphia working to change the way marginalized groups are depicted. Our company creates original films that illustrate authentic experiences from a first-hand perspective, and we produce various written and visual content for nonprofit organizations working to uplift historically oppressed communities.
We are currently developing an original docu-series about the lives of four young Black conscious hip-hop artists as they develop a relationship with the filmmaker and define their adolescence in a racist country.
Inira Films is seeking a Graphic Designer with exceptional skills to develop a brand identity for the company that accurately reflects our mission and work. The Graphic Designer will also create graphic content based on a pre-designed style guide for our docu-series, “What is a Black Man?” and meet the design requests of our nonprofit clients as needed.
Because of the nature of our work, the Graphic Designer must understand racial and economic equity.
- Conceptualize and design the brand identity for Inira Films, including a logo, color palette, font, and layouts
- Develop a layout for the Inira Films website that aligns with the company’s brand and goals
- Design social media and email campaign graphics for “What is a Black Man?” based on the elements included in the film’s style guide
- Continue the layout development for the “What is a Black Man?” website
- Collaborate with Director to develop a photography shot list for Inira Films and “What is a Black Man?”
- Create brand identities and graphic assets for clients as requested
- Previous experience working as an independent contractor
- Able to manage multiple projects simultaneously while adhering to directions
- Demonstrated ability to digest and synthesize information into compelling graphic content
- Excellent time management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Ability to create new graphics based on pre-designed elements
- Strong eye for color, composition, photography, and typography
- Experience creating web designs
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing
- Experience designing graphic content that centers Black American people/experiences is a plus
- Experience creating motion graphics in After Effects is a plus
This is a six-month contracted part-time position with the potential for extension. A rate for all assigned projects will be negotiated based on experience.
To be considered for this opportunity please send your resume along with the work samples listed below to firstname.lastname@example.org; include “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
- Sample brand style guide
- Web design sample
- Promotional graphic sample