The Graphic Designer will collaborate with a Creative Director and other members of the marketing team to bring to life effective and eye-catching designs and campaigns.
As a graphic designer, the talent, experience, and passion for design will create innovative and compelling content. The GD can create assets for various platforms including social media, print, mobile, and emerging media. The GD expertly and actively manages the required workflow demands of the projects. This position collaborates with other creative team members and the marketing team.
- The Graphic Designer collaborates with a creative director, other members of the marketing team, clients, and vendors to support all our creative and marketing obligations. Takes the lead to create modern, compelling, unique, and inventive brand and marketing campaign designs across multiple platforms from concept to delivery. Determines voice and messaging for graphic design pieces. QA’s design for spelling, grammar, and file production issues. Manages a range of design revisions as needed. Works with a wide range of media and graphic design software. Manages a range of design revisions as needed. Produces and organizes final files for print production and/or digital use.
- Applies ingenuity, creativity, analytical, and organizational skills to identify and evaluate design problems and develop strong solutions.
- Ensures projects are completed in a timely manner and under the budget restrictions.
- Manages multiple projects with different timelines and deadlines.
- Familiarity and alignment to brand guidelines and understanding of how they intuitively drive the visual direction of marketing and communications.
- Works with print and other 3rd party vendors to get quotes and timelines for production.
- Works with clients to understand the requirements of a project and provides a timeline and updates as the project progresses to build on the client relationships.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in a creative field, preferably in Fine Arts, Graphic Design, Visual Communications.
- Five or more years of professional experience in graphic design with a strong emphasis in print and digital media.
- High ethical values.
- Fluency in a Mac environment.
- Ability to learn and use design software programs to build emails and organize an asset library.
- Understanding of print and digital specifications needed for all assets.
- Well versed and experienced in design techniques, tools, principles, and typography.
- Positive and outgoing personality, flexible, responsive.
- Team player and self-directed, self-starter.
- Familiar with marketing process and timelines.
- Marketing and Brand Management expert level knowledge.
- Exceptional level of creativity and innovation required.
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud: Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator.
- Experience creating PowerPoint presentations.
- Photo editing skills.
- Aware of market trends in design as well as current Disney brands, properties, and priorities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft products such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Able to adapt and pivot in an ever-changing environment.
- Portfolio of work that shows a wide range of creative projects.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills.
- Understanding of email design and email campaign processes.
- Desired experience in motion graphics but not required.
- Credit Union or banking design background desired but not required.
- Strong illustration skills
- Understanding of HTML code and technical aspects of the business
- Motion Graphics knowledge (After Effects/Premiere/Audition)
Fine Arts Bachelor's Degree (or similar required)
This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.